Friday, October 8, 2010

Training Log - Day 1

How do I train for this beast? At this early stage I have no idea except to take the sage advice from a previous blog - "Run Forrest Run!" With that being said, I charged my iPod and picked up some gear...off my closet floor. I strapped on my 3 year old Mizuno Wave Rider 11's and hit the road.

Time of Day - Afternoon
Weather - cloudy and cool with steady breeze out of the west
Route - St. Vrain Greenway to 119th street overpass
Distance - no idea
Time - 1 hour
Pace - slow
iPod - Springsteen's Greatest Hits
Comments - Legs felt pretty good, knees not so much, feet hurt. I think my Mizuno's have too many miles - used to train for and run the 2008 Surf City Marathon. Sightings - a very large pumpkin and many prairie dogs - a sidearm would have made for an entertaining run.

Run Willie Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment