Tuesday, October 26, 2010

T-299 Days - Training

Trials and Triumphs.  That's as good a description for today as any.  What's up with the right side of my body?  My right lower back was quite stiff again.  Made my initial strides rather tender.  About a half mile in, it loosened but I knew it was there the entire way.  About a mile in, cotton mouth.  So hydrating with coffee (a known diuretic) is not such a good idea.  Scratch that for the next time.  Kept pressing on.  Side cramp (right side of course) about 2 miles in, check.  Another result of not hydrating properly.  Pushed through that.  Tightness in my right hip flexor, check.  Again had to press through.  Heavy calves, got 'em.  This time at least the joy was spread to both sides.  Kept lifting them.

Believe it or not, it was a good run and it felt pretty decent.  Maybe I like punishment.  The wind was not as much to contend with today as yesterday, so that was a plus.  The sky couldn't get much bluer.  My first mile clocked in at 7:04 and then the Nike + went haywire.  Sometimes it seems to stop tracking distance and everything gets knocked out of kilter.  I've been pretty steady on my pace and had a (small) kick at the end, so I don't think my last mile was really at a 48:46 pace.  Total distance about 2.75 I think.  Not quite time for an assessment, but getting close. 

Time of Day - 11:51 AM
Weather - About 80°, warm and sunny
Route - Bogata loop, long version
Distance - About 2.75
Pace - Moderate,
Time - 22:20 minutes, plus stretching, warm up and cool down
iPod -  Gin Blossoms, various songs from my own mix; Good old jangle-rock
Comments - Plenty of comments above; still pleased and having fun.  Improving all the time and that's all that I can ask for at this point.  Want to be running 6ish miles in about a month.  That should be attainable.  Goals are important!

No comments:

Post a Comment