Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Text to one of my oldest friends and college roommate, Brian Moon:
"You and me...TransRockies run next August. 6 days, 115 miles, through the Rockies. Adventure of a lifetime! What do you say?"

Reply about 5 minutes later:
"In a year? Hell yeah. I'll need the time. Let's do it!"

I challenged the right guy. It's official - we are running as an 80+ team in the 2011 GoreTex TransRockies run! We are IN...hopefully not INsane. I have always wanted to participate in an Ultramarathon run and had my eye of this one for quite some time. Yes, I'm stoked! Yes, my excitement is sprinkled with a little fear - the fear of the challenge ahead and whether I have what it takes! But, I'm determined, as I know Brian is, and will "get er done."

As I approach this adventure, I have two goals. (1) To enjoy the journey -starting with the training all the way through the 6 day run (2) Finish

Looking forward to it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment