Tuesday, October 12, 2010

T-312 Days

Training Log

Today was about 2 things - breathing and keeping my shorts up. 

My workout was built around controlling my breathing.  If you control your breathing, you control your body.  It keeps you breathing deeply, relaxed and focused on your business.  It's really that simple. 

The plan is to exhale every third right foot fall.  This is clearly easier when you have your lungs and when you're not sprinting.  On a kick or once winded, forget it.  You adjust to two, then one.  Hopefully you can hold the line there.  Still, you don't want to leave anything in the tank in a race so it can get worse.  But I digress.

The keeping my pants up part comes from the discover of a small right hip pocket just to the back of my new running shorts.  I could cram my iPhone in there, but the weight put a strain on the shorts.  I suppose I just didn't have the drawstring quite tight enough.  I'll have to correct that small issue tomorrow, because I don't think I'll get much running in if I'm locked up for flashing!

Time of Day - 11:39 AM
Weather - Warm (upper 70's), windy and not a cloud in the sky
Route - Bogata loop
Distance - a couple of miles?  this wasn't about the distance
Pace -Smow, as Willie says
Time - 30+  minutes
iPod - Saosin "In Search of Solid Ground'.  Great stuff.  Rough and plenty of jump for it's overall genre.
Comments - Aside from the shorts issue, today was great compared to the prior.  More and better sleep makes such a difference.  My breathing was great, even though I'm far from having the lungs back.  That's OK.  This is only my third recent run.  The bottom line is I'm encouraged and it felt good.  It's been an overall GREAT day for a monkey man like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment