Friday, October 22, 2010

More Gear and a little Nutrition

Heading to Fayetteville, Ark. today to see my oldest daughter Erin for parents weekend at the University of Arkansas.  Plan to use Gowalla a bit up there too.  I'm hoping to get a run or two in on the very hilly terrain of the University.  Should be fun.

I got some gear to help as well.  First, an arm band for my iPhone to provide the tunes.  I've been tucking it into the back pocket of one of my cycling shirts I use for running, but it still bounces a bit.  I'm not sure I'm going to like something on my arm, but I'll give it a shot.  I like my arms free of constraints when I'm running or cycling, but this came recommended, so I'm more than happy try it out. 

Next, I decided to try some nutrition from Hammer.  One is a pre-exercise drink loaded with electrolytes and carbs.  The second product is an energy gel also from Hammer.  The gel is probably more for use in event, but I'll try it out at some point as well.  Both are great energy products and should help with recovery as well.  Can't wait to try them and report on the results.  I've used amino products for endurance before, but not recently.  Still really enjoying all of this tremendously. 


As before, all products came from my neighborhood RunOn! store.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment