Friday, October 22, 2010

T-303 Days

A change of scene and different terrain made for a great run.  I'm up in Fayetteville, Arkansas and the leaves are turning.  The scenery is great and the hills are a definite change from the flat lands of McKinney.  Somehow I managed to find a course that was up hill both going and coming!  Oh well.

Time of Day - 4:30 pm
Weather - Clear, windy, mid 70's
Route - Around the campus, by Baum Field and back up to Hill Place
Distance - 2.93 miles per my Nike +
Pace - 7:305 per mile
Time - 22:00 minutes
iPod - Kings of Leon, "Come Around Sundown"; first listen.  Definitely can tell that it's Kings.  So far I like.
Comments -  Good run in a great location.  The hills took a little extra energy, but I kept telling myself that compared to what is to come, this might as well be a downhill.  Mental preparation will be just as important as the physical.  My pace didn't seem to suffer too much.
Gear Comments - Tried the iPhone arm pad today.  I can't say I'm perfectly happy with it, but if I shorten the ear bud cord, it'll work great.  A nice addition. I also drank some of the Hammer energy drink before I ran.  I felt strong and had no cramping or tightness, so I'm liking this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment