Friday, October 8, 2010

GEAR!!!!

So I may be behind a day on training to my teammate already, but that's fine!  Glad you're already at it.

On the fun front I went to the local McKinney Run On! store and got some great gear, shoes, training computer, the entire kit.  I'm ready to go!  I received an outstanding sizing analysis, learned that I have "nice"  arches, no pronation of my feet, and my left foot is slightly larger than my 11.5 sized right.  After expressing my need for comfort and distance, I was given some custom choices.  The winner is:




Asics Gel Nimbus 12's.  They feel great and I'm psyched to have 'em. 


Other gear includes the Nike+ Sportband. 


The Nike+ SportBand records your distance, pace, time and calories burned while you run, and saves a week’s worth of workouts for review. When done, connect the removable Nike+ SportBand Link to your computer to go to nikeplus.com, where you can track your runs, set goals, challenge others, and much more. By the way, it’s also a watch.  Pretty sweet. Toys = motivation! Learn more here: http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_EMEA/sportband

Can't wait to try it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment