Saturday, October 9, 2010

T-315 Days - First Run

The first run is in the books.  It wasn't great, but not horrible either.  The shoes felt better than any I've ever had and my legs felt good.  Upper body was a little tight, particularly shoulders and lower back, but that's to be expected.  It's my wind that I'll need to get in gear.  My form is still solid and efficient, so I've got that going for me.

I started with some stretching.  The old routine was there but the limberness definitely needs some work.  All in due time.  The run felt good.  I'm tired from staying up virtually all night with an injured dog, administering eye drops every two hours, and I had only french fries for dinner.  Breakfast (an onion bagel with cream cheese and Swiss) was a little heavy in the belly, having eaten only about a half hour before the run.  All things considered, I'm pleased.

To copy Willie's format, here are the specs:
Time of Day - Mid-morning
Weather - Warm, low-80's, with a light breeze
Route - Around Stonebridge Ranch
Distance - Not much (3 miles, probably less)
Time - 40 minutes including stretching and such
Pace - Slow
iPod - Nada
Comments - You've got 'em above, but I know it'll only get better from here.  No land speed records were set, but that wasn't exactly the goal.

I don't have the Nike+ Sportsband all set-up yet, but I will soon.  Then the details will be more precise.

Coming up: Body Mass Index (BMI) reading.  This will be interesting to track as training progresses.  Willie - there are some simple online or iPhone apps for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment