Wednesday, March 2, 2011

T-171 Days

After some travel and a gimpy right knee, I was able to get back to training today. The upper portion of my right knee was very sore following my last long run. I was excited to run again, hoping that I'd no longer be sore or injure myself further.

It was a struggle. My upper body was tight and my calves were heavy. Initially my knee felt fine, but after several miles my knee started to feel sore again. To counter that, I cut my route down a little and didn't push it.

Time of Day - 12:15 PM
Weather - Clear, 63°, breezy
Route - Bogata out and back
Distance - About 5.5
Pace - Slow/Medium
Duration - 47 minutes
Average HR - Unknown
Cross training - Later tonight, core work
iPod - Gregg Allman, "Low Country Blues"
Comments - Tough run but I made it through. It actually felt pretty good once completed. Tomorrow hopefully my knee won't make me pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment