Wednesday, March 23, 2011

T Minus 150 Days

Time to give the hip a try. All feels well getting up and around today, so I'm hoping for success. I plan on not pushing it, but easing back. If all goes well, I should be ready for the 1/2 marathon this weekend.

Time of Day - 11:45 AM
Weather - Warm, upper 70's
Route - Bogata loop
Distance - Not sure
Pace - Slow
Duration - About 20 minutes
Cross training - 5 minutes
iPod - Steely Dan, "Aja"; still one of the best
Comments - Extremely disappointing run. My hip flexor was really tight even though I've been doing extra stretching and have had to endure an extended rest period. My intent was to take it somewhat easy and I had no choice but to do so. I'm going to see how it feels tomorrow and try to run a bit more, but if the situation hasn't improved, I'm thinking it might be foolish to force the 1/2 this weekend. I've got to think of the end game which is the TRR. I just better get healed so I can train or its going to be really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment