Saturday, March 19, 2011

Training Log - Day 61

Today was my first run with the Nathan Waist Pack Bottle Carrier. It has 3 small pouches and carries two 22oz bottles. It took a little adjusting to but overall not too bad as it rode well on my hips. It doesn't weigh much but still makes me feel like a pack mule. Several things I learned: (1) must cinch it as tight as possible (2) wear it as low on the hips as possible (3) ensure your shirt is between the pack and your body and, most importantly (4) hydrate when walking. No problems drinking the 22 plus oz over my 90 minute run.





Time of Day - 12:30PM
Weather - beautiful; upper 60's and sunny with a slight breeze out of the east
Route - Tiller Farms Trailhead N past tower hill to Lookout Road (by church) and back
Distance - no idea
Pace - slow
Duration - 1hr 30min.
Average HR - 151
Cross training - none
iPod - 99.5 some great 80's tunes - Til Tuesday, Billy Idol, Stray Cats, Styx, Pink Floyd, etc.
Comments - legs felt good but right knee sore (will ice tonight). Strong run mentally. No problems traveling the distance over the rolling terrain. I am definitely going to look for my second pair of shoes this week. I will be looking for a neutral shoe with more cushioning.

Run, Willie, Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment