Sunday, March 6, 2011

T-167 Days

Friday was a scheduled rest day, but a busy Saturday turned it into one as well. Life gets in the way.

I was tight as I went out today in my hip flexors, particularly the left side. Calves and knee felt generally OK, although I knew they were there. I prefer to feel like a smooth machine. Not so much today.

Time of Day - 2:30 PM
Weather - Clear, 57°, light winds out of the north

Route - Stonebridge Fitness Trails, approximately 60/40 paved/trail
Distance - About 6.5 or 7
Pace - Semi-comfortable
Duration - 60 minutes
Average HR - Unknown
Cross training - Maybe
iPod - 70's mix: Frampton, Floyd, Zepplin, AC/DC, Stones
Comments - Not a bad run but not a great one either. Starting at a weird time I didn't have lunch so as not to run on a fully belly and I felt the lack of energy early on. A second wind presented itself again about 30 minutes in which is becoming a trend. Maybe I need a longer warm up now that I'm older or it's the nutritional products coming into play. I really don't know, but I've got to keep the energy flowing consistently. My stretching is getting better so my flexibility is good. The knee is feeling a little sore still now that the run is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment