Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Training

Yesterday was a rest day for me and today our evening temp is -2 below. No running this evening but able to accomplish a core workout (10 minutes). I also plan to start back with pushups with a goal of 100 per day (5 days week) for the first month.

Brian, I can relate to the shoe issue. My initial shoe purchase was focused more on comfort in the store and I ended up getting a shoe designed for overpronators. I believe I should have picked up a more neutral shoe and will do so after a few more miles in these.

If temp is up tomorrow, I will get on the road. This week will more than likely include some treadmill runs (as I am traveling) and, of course, will plan on running with Brian on Saturday. I hear the weekend should be pretty nice.

As part of my training, I will focus on a couple of events leading up to the Trans Rockies. These will provide a gauge of my progress, as well as, offer more short term challenges. Currently, I have The Leadville Trail Marathon (July 2nd) on the calendar and will search for a shorter event or two prior to Leadville. Brian, we should talk about you running an event here in Colorado with me. This would be helpful in understanding the altitude and elevation challenges.

Run, Willie, Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment