Wednesday, February 9, 2011

T-192 Days

It's another ice day in Dallas, so I'm going to venture out to the local YMCA.  Fortunately it's only about a mile away, so I'll happily slip and slide my way there.  I can't take random days off just for the weather any more. Still, this cold really doesn't agree with me as I get cold way too easy.

Time of Day - 11 AM
Weather - Mid teens with a 40 MPH north wind; glad I'm inside
Route - Treadmill at the Y
Pace - 10 min/mile; fairly easy
Heart Rate - Low 150's max
Time - 60 minutes; ran out of time as I have a lot to accomplish today
Distance - 6 miles
iPod - Raconteurs; a little Jack White suits me fine on a cold day
Comments - I'm happy to have a way to maintain my exercise in the bad weather. One thing I don't like about the treadmills is that the Heart Rate bar in front can "encourage" bad form. The height of it can force your hands too high if you run too close to it. If you're too far away, you'll fall off the back.  At least that would be funny to see. I got a little Starbucks reward when I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment