Monday, February 14, 2011

T-187 Days

It's Monday so that means a nice run over the lunch hour.  I leave early and get home late so unless I want to run in the dark, this is my only real option.

Time of Day - 11:50 AM
Weather - Clear blue sky, 60°, 5 mph wind from the south
Route - Hwy 37 out and back, a few hills
Distance - 6.5 miles
Pace - Medium
Duration - 60 min
Average HR -Unknown
Cross training - Later
iPod - Arctic Monkeys, "Favorite Worst Nightmare"; Who doesn't love a monkey? Particulary a BA one.
Comments - My calves felt heavy and tight.  I wore way too many cloths. Even technical fabrics get hot if you have on an unnecessary layer. This was not fun most of the time while engaged, but it did feel good upon finishing. I'm glad I stayed with it but I want to be careful after what Willie went through.

Also, I'm going to play around with some Gatorade G Series G 01 Prime as a pre-exercise drink.  After having done so enough to give it a fair look, I'll report back on my thoughts. Hopefully it will provide a boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment