Sunday, February 20, 2011

Training Log - Day 39

Chad recommended a great trail as I move workouts to more rolling terrain. The portion of E Boulder Trail I ran today was just that - rolling; some gravel; mainly dirt pack. One section was washboard trail along a fence - reminded me of some terrain back at The Basic School in Quantico, VA. Max HR is officially 179 which changes my training zones.

Time of Day - 1:30 PM
Weather - mid 40's, sunny; a wicked, blustery wind out of the west
Route - E Boulder Trail (past the water tower and along the washboard)
Distance - no idea
Pace - slow...except when sprinting 2 major uphills to determine max HR
Duration - 44:57
Average HR - 161
Cross training - Core 10 minutes
iPod - mix of 80's tunes
Comments - Shoulder was not even slightly stiff. Legs strong; sucking wind a little bit. Right knee is not completely comfortable. It is still a little tender at times...will ice this evening as preventative measure. Right now, my mind is properly focused on training and I'm excited about the process.

Run, Willie, Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment