Thursday, February 3, 2011

T-198 Days

It's another ice covered day in the low teens to single digit temperatures in Dallas.  Go figure.  Rather than take another day off from aerobic exercise, I decided to venture out to the YMCA and get some running in.  Years back I was something of a gym rat here but I did all my aerobic exercise on my bike.  I had little experience on the treadmills.  Let the adventure begin!



Time of Day - 11:45 AM
Weather - 11 degrees outside, warm and balmy inside
Route - Treadmill
Pace - 10 min. mile pace, then 9:30, then 8:30 mile pace to finish
Heart Rate - Around 154 BPM average
Time -5 minute warm up run, 60 minutes run
Distance - 7 miles
Cross training - Nothing yet
iPod - SportsRadio 1310 Superbowl talk
Comments - I worked up a good sweat, but it was relatively comfortable.  There was no incline involved and it was great to keep a steady pace, within the changes I programmed into the machine.  I'll be back tomorrow for more of the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment