Monday, January 17, 2011

Training - Game on

After a lengthy and painful absence, I'M BACK! A number of issues arose over the last month plus that have had me at less than full speed, but now is the time to get back up and drive hard for the goal. I've endured a somewhat problematic bit of eye surgery, some freakin' cold weather and various and sundry other issues that I won't go into here that have taken their toll on everything from availability, to strength, to desire. So much for that.

I've had some good runs since my last blog entry, but it's high time to get serious about this again. My plan is simple - run my butt off and get ready for this thing. I need to reassess the training time left to determine when to use a really nice marathon training program I found. I'll just keep putting down a base in the meantime.  My enemy now is time. I've got to return to consistency and start upping the time and miles.  The mountains loom ahead and I won't let them beat me without a fight.

Today's run was simple - 35 minutes in the cool drizzle. My right hip flexor started to feel just a tad tight again, but nothing unmanageable. My feet still feel great and I can thank my shoes and socks for that. I've never been one for socks, but they have become a necessity. My lungs are feeling pretty good and I can feel a second wind coming on at about the 30 minute mark.

Excuses are for the weak and I've never wanted to fall in that camp, physically or mentally.  Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment