Friday, January 28, 2011

T-204 Days

Willie, glad you're in on the hair challenge. It should be interesting indeed! This might be a Sampson thing.  When we were younger our hair was longer and we surely were faster!  I'm a little concerned about the added heat in the summer training though.  Also, what happens if we buzz it right before the race?  Hopefully we won't lose our mojo! Next step, ZZ Top beards??

Today is beautiful again with an expected high in the low 70's. Of course we are told to expect snow or ice on Tuesday, so welcome to Texas!

Time of Day - Noon
Weather - Perfect! Still, sunny and warm.  About 68 degrees
Route - Out and back
Pace - Moderate
Time - 47 minutes
Distance - Who cares? As I was wisely reminded, we're training for an event with varying altitudes and inclines.  Our major focus should be on time. I'm working on extending my time out on the road and getting used to longer runs back to back (or at least that's the plan!) to aid in recovery.
Cross training - Tonight
iPod - Rolling Stones mix including Monkey Man, Can't You Hear Me Knockin'?, Brown Sugar, Miss You, Shattered, etc.
Comments - Overall very good. I started out thinking this was going to be difficult and struggled for the first 10 minutes or so. After that it was a breeze. The 'back' portion felt much better than the 'out'.  I felt like I could have kept on going for a good while longer.

How long till we get to the point that we crave the road and miss the run when we miss training?  I don't think I'm very far away at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment