Monday, January 24, 2011

Training

OK, so I'm not yet the machine I had hoped to be, but today I felt like a champion. 

I ran the Bogata loop twice in a little over 40 minutes at a fairly consistent pace.  I slowed a bit on the second lap, but noticing my elapsed time, I picked it up and with a good finishing kick. I clocked in at about the same split time as I had on the first lap.  The run felt really good.  This was probably the best I've felt yet.

It was 34 degrees out, but the sun was bright, the sky was blue and there was little wind.  With long sleeves on and my cap, I was perfectly warm.  I've let the snow, rain and temperatures in the teens keep me away for several days, but I've relearned not to let weather dominate me.

The tunes consisted of a mix of Frampton, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Boston and Zepplin.  I knew I was in for a good time when "Eye of Tiger" worked it's way in early.  Cheesy, yes, but still motivational.  Also, "Fly Like an Eagle" by the Steve Miller Band came on half way in.  That was one of our pre-race songs in high school (we were the Eagles) and it seems I'm still conditioned to get slightly nervous when that song plays.  A little extra adrenaline is always good in my book.  And what randomly came up for my kick?  Clapton's "Running on Faith".  Very timely.

I'm very pleased with today's effort and I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.  Willie, glad the calf is getting better.  I can't wait to get a run or to in with you and do the Super Bowl in a few weekends!  It can't come quickly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment