Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gear

Back in October I bought some Features! socks.  They promised great comfort, a form fit, cushion and support.  As I stated there, I'm a longtime sock hater, but I definitely want to protect my feet for this event. The Features! socks have definitely delivered, but today I found a rival that I wanted to check out. 


This rival is named EXPERIA and they have been favorably reviewed in Runner's World and promise "Aeor-Dynamic fit protection without weight".  They additionally offer excellent padding in the heal and toe and are anatomically engineered.


I ran for over an hour today in the Experia's and I came away impressed. I found them to rank high on the comfort scale and they offered significant protection against the pounding your feet endure.  My feet were comfortable and cool and I noticed no added weight from my socks. They also look good.


By means of comparison, I think that the Feetures! may offer slightly more cushion over the Experia's, but they are extremely similar in design and in the function and stability offered. Both socks do a lot more than just add comfort. They help prevent injury and I recommend them highly. Also, both brands are expensive, but the Feetures! are a little cheaper for those keeping score. I say my feet are worth it.

You can learn more about the socks here:

You can read the original Feetures! post here:

No comments:

Post a Comment