Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Training Log - Day 23

Brian, thanks for posting the routes and stages. It is good to have that "in my face" as a reminder and motivator for the challenge ahead. I met yesterday with Chad Ricklefs who is an accomplished ultramarathon runner and world class athlete. As a matter of fact, Chad won the prestigious Leadville 100 in 2000 and 2002, as well as, set a course record. Chad is from Boulder and offers coaching services for those interested in pushing themselves to accomplish an ultra. I'm looking forward to working with Chad and gaining some knowledge that I can share to make this a greater success for both of us.

Today's run was 32 minutes long at a slow pace. It was the first time I ran with a compression sleeve on my left calf. It actually seemed to help...I suppose the tingling sensation was from increased blood flow. Inside quads a little stiff and a slight cramp on right side. Man, it feels good to be running again.

Run, Willie, Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment