Saturday, January 29, 2011

T-203 Days

What a beautiful day in Texas to be outside.  The sky was blue and the weather warm.  Today is also the one year anniversary of my father's death, so it was good to keep my mind otherwise occupied.

Time of Day - 4:16 PM
Weather - 73 degrees, slight wind gusts
Route - Stonebridge trails
Pace - Comfortable; I'm not really sure if that's fast or slow as I haven't been tracking my distance very precisely. 
Time - 63 minutes
Distance - Unknown
Cross training - Nothing yet
iPod - Rush 2112; not the album but the song.  3 times through and I was in for over an hour on the course.  I haven't heard this for a reallllly long time.
Comments - I felt strong and my wind was good.  I enjoyed running where others were.  Just like in the past, when I saw someone in front of me, I felt that I had to pass them and I usually did.  Watching them run was also a reminder to keep my form proper.  So much wasted energy and unnecessary tightness was going on out there.  I'm pretty proud of going over an hour no problem with a decent kick at the end still.  It's the longest I've run other than a soccer game of flag football in a many years.  I'm looking forward to seeing you next weekend Willie.  Travel well.

No comments:

Post a Comment