Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Training

Another day back in the saddle (although I'm not on my bike).  It's a bit gusty out as we have a front heading our way in the next day or so, but the weather was fine.  Low to mid 50's I'd say.  I had a desire to cut the run short early on as my hip was hurting and my head is aching for about the 20th consecutive hour, but I fought through it.  Small victories.

Keeping me company today were some choice selections from Sneaker Pimps, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and some pre-Dark Side Pink Floyd.  It was a nice mix.  I ran for a solid 35 minutes and did a little cross training before, so I feel good about the effort.  I haven't checked into the marathon program yet, but that schedule will come soon enough.

Overall the body is feeling pretty well.  I haven't gotten much of an endorphin rush yet, that sometimes elusive and much sought after 'runner's high', but I guess that only means I'm not working hard enough.  It will come.  In the meantime, I work, build and clear my head.  It's good to have an outlet.

Willie, I hope your leg is getting better.  Do they make snowshoes in your size?

No comments:

Post a Comment