Tuesday, April 5, 2011

T Minus 136 Days

I've been forced to rest my hip for almost a month now and I'm getting really concerned about the situation. I  need to focus on conditioning, not rest. I feel pretty good and think it's about time to get into the groove once more. I forgot to weigh myself and such this morning, but I'll catch up on that tonight.

Time of Day - 11:55 AM
Weather - 60°, winds gusting to 17 MPH

Route - Bogata loop
Distance - Unknown
Pace - Slow
Duration - About 17 minutes running; 4 walking after
Average HR - Unknown
Cross training - Later
iPod - Kings of Leon



It's been a while and it felt like it. I was generally stiff as I started, but I became more loose as I went. This included my hip flexor. It felt like strength had been restored so running wasn't an issue but there was a certain amount of soreness. This faded and then returned near the end, so I cooled my engines and walked it off. I'm trying to ease back without hurting myself. Tomorrow will be the test, but my hip is already tightening. I want to be encouraged but I'm not yet sure I have reason to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment