Monday, May 16, 2011

Greenland Trail 8M



Completed the Greenland Trail 8M with the following results:
1:07:33 (8:28 pace)
25th overall
7th in my age group

It was an absolutely beautiful Colorado day and the event was very well run. The trail was mainly dirt packed with a few loose spots of gravel. It went slightly uphill for the first 3.5 miles and then turned east with an approximate 1.5 mile winding climb (much steeper). The last 3 miles was back north with a few up and downs but mostly down.

The bad news is that I further injured my calf. It hadn't gotten any better throughout the week but I was determined to run and finish this race.

Overall, it was a great event and I felt good. It was extra special to have my daughter, Kaitlyn, there to cheer me on!

Run, Willie, Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment