Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 TRR - RIP

Brian and I had to make a very difficult decision this week. Due to the severity of his hip injury and inability to train we decided that Team 320 had to drop from the 2011 TRR. It was tough because of all the training and time we have dedicated to this point, as well as, it never feels good to fall short of a goal. We will reevaluate in the fall for entering the 2012 TRR.

My decision has been what to do now. I'm feeling good and my training is progressing on track. I certainly don't want to spend 6 days running and camping with someone I don't know and, frankly, would prefer to experience that adventure with Brian. So, I have decided to continue my training with a focus on the Leadville Trail Marathon in July with a possibility of the Steamboat50 (50 mile ultra) in September. I'm unsure of my confidence and desire to run 50 miles in 1 day...the reason I picked the TRR was because it was over 6 days. I plan to make my decision in the next couple of weeks.

From a running perspective, I was not very motivated this past week. I was down on the fact we weren't able to make this happen in 2011. However, from a personal perspective, it was a great week as my beautiful daughter Kaitlyn turned 16. Wow...she is growing up quickly! She also placed 3rd in the JV tennis tourney over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment